Having an online parts catalog that is interactive is what has traditionally been called a “must-have”. There are several reasons for that and we will look at some of them in this article:
- Sustainability: the digital catalog is a solution that avoids printing and cutting down new trees and, of course, avoids the use of energy and materials in the printing process and throughout the supply chain.
- Cost reduction: as mentioned in the previous point, the entire printing process and the related activities will be eliminated, so companies that use an online catalog will not deal with this cost neither for the first printing and nor for the following ones in case of updating or corrections. And it will save even more trees.
- User Experience: the famous #userexperience will definitely improve as the interactive spare parts catalog is easy and quick to consult, you can browse through it as if it were on paper and it fits perfectly with the habit that we all have by now of looking for what we need on the internet and no longer on printed documents. Interactivity creates user engagement through the use of videos, augmented reality or navigation of exploded views.
- Quick and easy update: it allows you to constantlyhave up-to-date information on parts prices, descriptions, and availability.
- Integration with company systems: the online spare parts catalog can be integrated with the information systems of your company such as CRM, e-commerce, ERP (read our article on digital integration). In this way the information is updated in real time, so you can avoid the possibility that customers order spare parts out of stock or with an outdated price.
- Instant product presentation: customers have a virtual space where they can find all the information they need without using paper documentation, often heavy and cumbersome. Companies that use it to show their original spare parts can implement their catalog directly on their website and this facilitates the updating and the management of the catalog. Always on the company side, the seller has an easy-to-understand tool to illustrate the range of available parts, potential promotions, perhaps showing the catalog directly during a conference, increasing the level of interactivity of the meeting and, therefore, customer participation.
- Promotional activities and re-marketing: with the catalog linked to the website it is also possible to see which parts are ordered most often and by whom, and to activate targeted promotional and remarketing campaigns.
The features of an effective interactive parts catalog?
The advantages offered by an interactive parts catalog are numerous and we have just had a quick glance. Obviously, in order for both the customer and the company to take advantage of these benefits, the online catalog must be optimally designed. What do we mean for optimal?
- Must have a simple and attractive design.
- It should use simple, customer-friendly image formats and 3D exploded views so that users can intuitively identify the part they need. (Read our article on what images to use in an interactive catalog).
- Must make the catalog navigation easy and intuitive between the different types of available contents.
- Must be responsive and adapt to all devices used by customers.
- Must have a fast download or loading time.
- In addition to being responsive, it must be designed in such a way as to facilitate the UX also on mobile, which means adapting not only the graphics, but also the ease of consultation.
That’s all we take into account at Components Engine, to design and deliver optimal solutions, conceived and designed to improve the customer experience and optimize the company’s business.
To learn more, navigate our website www.componentsengine.com, contact us to find out which solution suits your business or learn more through our DEMO.